Armia was by established Tomasz Budzyński (ex-Siekiera vocalist) and Robert Brylewski (guitarist for Kryzys, Brygada Kryzys and Izrael). At the beginning they treated it like a experimental project. Now band have over 25 years of history and still plays great music.
First recordings of Armia were strongly influenced by punk/hard core. Soon they developed their own sound and played like no one else. It was post punk with symphonic-like impetus. One of the reasons of such special sound was use of french horn. At that time among they favourite bands were: Killing Joke, New Model Army and Swans.
All lyrics were made by Budzyński. At that time He was stronly influenced by gnosticism. lyrics were mainly about spirituality and mystical side of life. "Aquirre" is inspired by Werner Herzog's movie "Aquirre - Wrath of God".
Here you got their gig from Jarocin. It was biggest rock festival in Poland. Although sound is little rough, music is very powerful so you shouldn't be disappointed.
Armia's MySpace (in English)
Armia 02.08.1989 Jarocin Rock Festival
01. Intro [0:40]
02. Sędziowie / Judges [1:55]
03. Kochaj Mnie / Love Me [3:22]
04. Saluto [1:05]
05. Hej szara wiara / Hey Grey People [1:24]
06. W niczyjej sprawie / In Nobody's Cause [2:04]
07. Siódmy / Seventh [0:49]
08. To czego nigdy nie widziałem / What I Have Never Seen [3:24]
09. Dla każdej samotnej godziny / For Every Lonely Hour [1:57]
10. Gdzie ja tam będziesz ty / You Will Be With Me [4:12]
11. Legenda / Legend [5:27]
12. Podróż na wschód / Journey to the East [3:10]
13. Nie ja / Not Me [0:21]
14. Jestem drzewo, jestem ptak / I'm Tree I'm Bird [2:34]
15. Aguirre [2:42]
16. Święto rewolucji / Revolution's Celebration [3:02]
17. To moja zemsta / It's My Revenge [2:52]
18. Jeżeli / If [2:24]
19. Trzy bajki / Three Tales [0:54]
20. Niezwyciężony / Invincible [4:09]
21. Niewidzialna armia I / Invisible Army I [5:25]
22. Niewidzialna armia II / Invisible Army II [1:29]
23. Zostaw to / Leave It [4:20]