Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Today's post is doomy and gloomy. "Devil Songs" - Danzig's bootleg from his best days. 07.07.89 at The Palace Theater; Hollywood, CA. Mostly stuff from debut album and The Misfits/Samhain covers. Whole hour with Evil Elvis. Definitely not for weaklings.
01. Intro/Am I Demon [06:09]
02. Twist Of Cain [03:32]
03. Mother [02:56]
04. Soul On Fire [04:19]
05. She Rides [04:52]
06. All Hell/London Dungeon [03:50]
07. End Of Time [05:01]
08. 777 [05:00]
09. Mother Of Mercy [02:44]
10. To Walk The Night [02:28]
11. Horror Biz [02:23]
12. The Hunter [03:03]
13. Evil Thing [02:49]
14. Not Of This World [03:38]
15. When Death Had No Name [05:08]
16. Trouble [03:05]
Monday, August 20, 2007
Great band from Poland. They play dirty, garage version of punk with with weird, dadaist and full of humor lyrics. Starzy Singers play extremely energetic music - catchy riffs hidden behind dirt and distortion. If you enjoy Pixies or Mudhoney you should check it out.
They released 5 records:
1999 Starzy Singers/19 Wiosen - split LP
2001 Starzy Sida (released under name Starzy Sida) - colaboration with Patyczak from Brudne Dzieci Sida
2005 Takiej jest c'est la vie
Starzy Singers MySpace [in English]
Starzy Singers "Ombreola" 1996
01. Expandor [01:58]
02. Stop [04:18]
03. Kręci się [02:31]
04. Karlove Vary [04:40]
05. Wszystkiego najlepszego [04:02]
06. Nie ma dzidzi [02:48]
07. Hola hombre [05:50]
08. Defowe karzełki [01:19]
09. W brąksie [03:18]
10. Sonia Braga [03:27]
11. Fakszirak [03:08]
12. Z Grzesia wzięta [03:35]
13. Odczep się [01:18]
14. Ajliajowja [02:55]
15. O' losie [06:10]
16. Ambiszon [03:14]
17. Kolorowe Jarmarki [03:14]
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
15 august is anniversary of Battle of Warsaw - decisive battle of the Polish-Soviet War. The Poles were defending independence, regained after 123 years. Bolsheviks wanted to spread communism. Luckily for rest of Europe, Poles won although everyone expected Poland to collapse. Red Army was defeated and flood of communism stopped for awhile. Edgar Vincent D'Aberon called it "the eighteenth decisive battle of the world".
Today I entered Wikipedia's main page and checked "On this day..." section. Not a word about this one! Frankish army was defeated in the Battle of Roncevaux Pass, foundation stone of the Cologne Cathedral was laid, The Panama Canal opened to traffic and other things happened that day, but you won't find information about Battle of Warsaw. Is really founding of Cathedral more important than one of the most decisive battles in history? What's wrong with you people?
If you want to know more:
Battle of Warsaw in Wikipedia [in English]
Article about Battle of Warsaw [in English]
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Stoner Rock compilation "Burn One Up! Music for Stoners". Released in 1997 by Roadrunner Records. Now it's out of print and of course hard to find.
What can I say more about this? 15 tracks, over 60 minutes of music. Enjoy!
01. Queens of the Stone Age - 18 A.D. [03:18]
02. Karma to Burn - Ma Petit Mort [04:10]
03. Fu Manchu - Asphalt 'Risin [03:10]
04. The Heads - GNU [04:19]
05. Spiritual Beggars - Monster Astronauts [04:07]
06. Floodgate - Feel You Burn [05:12]
07. Slaprocket - Holy Mother Sunshine [04:39]
08. Leadfoot - Soul Full of Lies [02:59]
09. Celestial Season - Wallaroo [03:36]
10. Cathedral - You Know [04:45]
11. Acrimony - Bud Song [04:58]
12. Blind Dog - Lose [04:44]
13. Sleep - Aquarian [05:26]
14. Hideous Sun Demons - Icarus Dream [04:30]
15. Beaver - Green [05:06]
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Suicide consist of only two members: Martin Rev and Alan Vega. With no drums and no guitars It was archetypal electronic duo. Suicide's poppy but noisy music could be considered both pre-punk and post-punk. They played cyberpunk music years before cyberpunk was invented.
Just like Lo Teks from William Gibson's "Johnny Mnemonic", Suicide used only basic technology. No fancy and expensive gadgets. First album was recorded in 4 hours with old Farfisa organs, drum machine (bought by Rev for 30$) and Vega's outrageous shrieks.
And now you can listen to not one, not two, not even three but four, yes four Suicide concerts from 1978.
Suicide's fan site
01. New York 25/05/78 (Mr. Ray/Las Vegas Man/Four Horsemen/Keep Your Dreams/I Remember) [23:12]
02. Brussels 16/06/78 (Ghost Rider/Rocket USA/Cheree/Dance/Frankie Teardrop) [22:56]
03. Hamburg 28/06/78 (Rocket USA/Cheree/Harlem/96 Tears) [21:26]
04. Berlin 30/06/78 (Ghost Rider/Rocket USA/Cheree/Harlem/96 Tears) [22:05]
Friday, August 3, 2007
Moskwa is one of the most famous polish punk bands, alongside Dezerter, Brygada Kryzys and Siekiera. They played fast and very aggressive music with apocalyptic lyrics.
Band was formed in September 1983. In the summer of 1984 they were winners of Jarocin Rock Festival (along the legend of polish punk - Siekiera and some other bands). Due to the problems with censorship first album titled "Moskwa" was recorded in 1987 but released in 1989.
This concert is from 15.05.1984. Give it a try if you likes Discharge, The Exploited or GBH. Sound isn't perfect but it's punk rock!
Moskwa's official site (in polish)
Moskwa's MySpace (in english)
01. Światło Atomowe / Nuclear Blast [01:35]
02. Piekło Na Ziemi / Hell on Earth [01:40]
03. Bez Nadziei / No Hope [01:49]
04. Oj, Oj, Oj / Oi, Oi, Oi [01:02]
05. Egzekucja / Execution [02:06]
06. Powietrza / Give Some Air! [02:15]
07. Egzystencja / Existence [01:22]
08. Propaganda / Propaganda [01:39]
09. Administracja / Administration [01:45]
10. Masturbacja / Masturbation [02:08]
11. Śmierć Na Starcie / Death at Start [02:32]
12. 15 Sekund / 15 Seconds [00:20]
13. Na Wasz Kolorowy... / On Yours Beautiful... [01:25]
14. Miasto Dzieci / City of Children [01:36]
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Few days ago Burning Spear played in Gdynia, at Globaltica Festival. Very energetic gig. Below you can find link to nice recording of Burning Spear's performance. Single mp3, 118MB.
No track list. Sorry!